Testosterone supplements are primarily used to increase body muscle mass. They are also effective in increasing energy level of the body, improving memory and concentration, and enhancing one’s sexual desire. However, the use of testosterone supplement can also lead to health problems. Hence, you need to conduct a thorough research to find out which testosterone supplements are generally safe to use.
The accessibility of testosterone supplement
The illegal testosterone supplement can be readily accessed without the prescription of your doctor. However, you should avoid testosterone supplement containing anabolic steroid as it can be potentially harmful to the body. The best testosterone supplement is the one that is safe and proven to really work in enhancing muscle growth, increase sexual appetite, minus the side effects. As you know, there are side effects associated with the use of testosterone supplement, but the safest ones are the natural testosterone supplement.
What are the potential side effects of taking the wrong testosterone supplement?
- Sleep apnea-This is one of the common side effects of testosterone supplement. It is characterized by pauses and loud snoring while sleeping. Increased level of testosterone is associated with worsening of the sleep apnea condition.
- Polycythemia- This condition is characterized by increase red blood cell. This side effect takes place even if you are going to take the best testosterone supplement.
- Prostate problems-If testosterone supplement is used excessively, then it will lead to BPH or benign prostatic hyperplasia. As a matter of fact, it can aggravate prostate cancer.
- Development of pimples and allergic reactions-One of the reasons why pimples/acne occur is the used of testosterone supplement. This hormone stimulates the production of oil glands thereby making the skin oily and more prone to acne. It also causes allergic reactions such as itching, rashes, hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of the facia structures, and chest tightness.
- Gynecomastia or breast enlargement in men- Studies showed that the use of testosterone supplement can lead to breast development in men. This condition is medically known as gynecomastia.
What are other side effects associated with the use of testosterone supplement?
- Loss of appetite
- Painful urination
- Abnormal changes in the testicles
- Weight gain
- Intermittent breathing while asleep
- Mood swings
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Protracted erection
To minimize the side effects of taking testosterone supplement, you should first conduct a thorough research to find out which supplement is the best. You should also consult your doctor to determine whether you are physically fit to take the supplement or not.